ardent

Because Of You

Demyan

gems
size
build
player
08-05-2013, 10:42 AM

He didn't realize the tear had slipped out until it plopped from the tip of nose down to the space between his paws. He stared down at the water spot, unable to believe that it had come from his own eye. He never cried. Ever. For anything. Not even as a child. Tears had never graced his murderous facade, until today. He was beginning to realize, well at least the side of him that had always wanted to change that he'd never known was there, that he had stumbled across the one wolf in the entirety that was Alacritis that would ever be able to help him. But it wasn't like she was being forced to help him. There was no one telling her that she had to help him. She was doing it of her own free will, because maybe in her eyes he could become something more than a monster. She was doing it from the goodness of her selfless little heart. If someone who was still rather somewhat of a stranger could have such faith that a monster like him was capable of changing for the better, then surely it was possible. Orica didn't seem like the type of woman to put her faith in something she didn't believe would truly work. It was unbelievable how drastically she had been able to reach him. No one had been able to do before and he was sure no one else would be able to reach him like she did. She was a healer, though her abilities far surpassed any healer's he'd ever known.

Then it's decided. You're best when you're with me Demyan so with you I'll stay. However, I can't bring you back to my home. Not-not after this. But if you can't come to me, then I will come to you. Stay with him? Had she really just told him that she was going to stay with him? His heart stuttered, nearly stopping, his stomach dropping to the cave floor. She was going to stay with him. The little medic who had saved his life was now so believing in her cause of him changing that she was willing to go to great lengths to help him. An incredulous look took hold of his facade as he gazed into Orica's sapphires, trying to figure out just what exactly drove her to help him. Surely it was because of her inability to deny those in need, not because she felt something for him right? I'll have to say goodbye to family of course. I'll tell them I'm wandering off to practice my healing craft and learn more about the world. I'm a year old now, they'll understand. And besides it's not forever -just until we know you're ready. She was willingly abandoning her family to come live the life of a loner. Audits flattened against his skull, cyan gems flitting away from her own. She was giving up her family to be with him...But who was he to take her away from her family? She was a pack wolf. She deserved to be with her family, even if she was old enough to go out exploring the world on her own. I'll have to say goodbye to my family of course. She said it so surely, like it was the most natural thing in the world. Surely her parents would not approve of her running off to live with some self-proclaimed murderer because she wanted to help him. It was ludacris. But she didn't care.

I'll watch out for you, and you can watch out for me. Demyan allowed his gaze to raise, meeting Orica's once more. She was going to watch out for him. The thought almost brought the thought of laughter; almost. His face remained impassive as he gazed at her, taking in the details of her beautiful little face. He had never known what beauty was nor that it was possible that a living creature could be beautiful, but Orica was the living proof. She was beautiful, with a big heart and extremely talented in her craft. It was almost a shame she would waste her time on someone like him. Until my heart stops beating... He murmured gently, promising his life to her from that very moment. He would protect her always, even if one day he ended up loosing his life in the process. The sudden urge to feel her comforting touch surged strongly inside of him but he did nothing, simply sat there, gazing down at the woman that was going to become a huge part of his life.

Talk like this