Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
04-29-2019, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 06:52 PM by Torin.)

Torin couldn't help but smile as he watched Pegasus rise to his challenge, his tone so full of earnestness and his gaze even. Torin trusted the young man's response, if he was lying he was a better liar than most but Torin found himself wanting to believe him. He knew he was going to be more than happy to let his nephew go with Pegasus. That easy feeling would be short lived however as he listened to Pegasus again. His expression dropping into a rock hard mask, not to protect himself but to protect his nieces and nephews.

When he spoke next his words were careful and restrained, though there was a strain in his voice. "I've only come across that name once or twice." He said, meeting Pegasus gaze, feeling the intensity of his restraint leaking through. "I learned only a little bit ago that there was a victim of one of their family members, he raped one of the women in the pack." He wouldn't mention the impish wolf they'd accepted into their ranks. He wasn't about to put own of their own in danger like that, even now he stood by his choice to allow the tiny man into his pack. As he spoke the next few words he felt his gaze intensify and his voice growing more strained. "My sister Jewell was that woman. I had always known that the act had been done but not who had perpetrated it." He paused for a moment wondering if Pegasus knew of the circumstances of Célestin's birth. He remembered the terrible outcome of the reveal of their birth, his thoughts diving towards Navea and his fear that she died thinking she was hated. He grimaced the tears that threatened him away, he wondered if he was about to do the right thing. "Célestin's mother. That man is technically Célestin's father." He felt a bit of a threat sneak into his tone, leaning onto the previous threat as he spoke again. "Neither he nor any of his siblings have ever met their father and they have been raised in the values of my family not that of their father's." There was a slight growl to his tone, he held only contempt for the man that had sired his nieces and nephews but he also wasn't about to let anyone think less of them for their mistake of a father. They were gifts to the pack and he believed each of them had just as much kindness in them as their shy mother. "He is an Adravendi through and through, no matter what actual genes he carries."

He watched Pegasus carefully, his eyes narrowing slightly. He searched for any sign that this boy he'd just watched claim he'd protect his nephew was about to change his mind about that. If he was than Torin would chase him out right then, by himself if he had too; he wasn't about to let his family be put in harms way from some child's foolish hope for vengeance. But the way he saw it, as much as it would no doubt tear up his nephew it would be better for Pegasus to find out now and give Torin the chance to intervein then for Célestin to be left without backup when Pegasus eventually found out.

Talk Think

[Image: jBaYOuX.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3