size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantChristmas 2019
05-04-2019, 09:04 PM

Maybe he was losing his edge, becoming more complacent in his old age. Maybe he was losing his senses or maybe he was simply too in his head but Hymn didn't notice the approach of a stranger until she pushed her way out into the open. He lifted his gaze to draw in the image of the woman. She was young, well younger than himself at least but certainly not a child. She was a pretty creature, though to be fair Hymn had never really found a wolf he didn't find beautiful in their own ways; still he could tell she would stick out in a crowd for more "average" wolves. She spoke and despite himself Hymn couldn't help but laugh.

"Don't tell me I've finally hit the point of being an old man." He responded, fixing the woman with an amused smile. He knew exactly how old he was, he certainly couldn't be considered young anymore. Her question bounced in his head however and as he mulled on an answer a look of melancholy settled over his face.

"To be honest, I don't know." He glanced out over the way he'd come, briefly searching the shoreline as if he was expecting to see anything, or... anyone. Then he turned his attention back towards the woman, grinning at her again. "Maybe looking for my last adventure."

He allowed that idea to remain in the air for a moment. Then he met the woman's gaze. "May I return the question?"

—  hymn

I gotta whisper
'cause I can't be too loud

I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3