Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
05-06-2019, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 07:06 PM by Torin.)

Torin wasn't sure what he expected from his father's reactions, but the silence that met him felt about on par with what he knew of his father. The problem was that Torin couldn't tell what it was that the silence meant, if his father was just taking the time to process the news or if he was unimpressed. He seemed to hear him at least, nodding at his request that his father not share the news yet.

Torin felt like he was on edge, waiting intently for something anything his father might say his expression turning to an intent stare. Finally, Zell spoke and as he did Torin found his smile returning. Then, well then Zell did something Torin wasn't expecting. For a moment Torin's body went rigid, his surprise and the strain of their relationship swooping in to take him over. But then as the words his father said reached him and the comfort of his father's embrace washed over him he released the tension, melting into his father's hug.

As the meaning of Zell's words hit Torin he suddenly found the high emotions he'd been carrying were shifting, all the fear of being a failure, of being a disappointment flooded out of him, his body shaking as he fought to stop the tears he could feel building. An impulse hit him and he found himself speaking before he could even stop to think about it. "I think I want them to take the Valentine name." There was no flattery in his voice, it was an honest statement and he realized that he was speaking truth as he said it.

He didn't give that much time to sink in before he laughed, his emotions still riding high and now that the excitement and all the resentment had left him all that was left was the fear of the future. "I'm so worried I'm going to fuck it up, that I won't be good enough or ready." He paused and pulled back enough to search out his father's gaze. "Does it ever get less scary?"

"Silent Treatment" & Deep thoughts

Image by Hagon
[Image: jBaYOuX.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3