size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
05-21-2019, 08:41 PM

Cannival

Cannival remained with her eyes firmly shut behind oversized paws, doing her best not to quiver nervously. She was putting a lot of trust in these wolves to not simply kill and devour her where she lay vulnerable, but the lioness had come here with the sole hope that wolves had more honor then lions. If I die today, I'll finally be with my cubs.

As she waited, soft laughter reached her ears and she heard the she-wolf beckon her to rise. Cannival did so happily, bounding to four paws to stand before the pair. Now that they had come closer, the lioness could see that these wolves were larger then average of their species. They must be the protectors of this land. Her mind wandered to the pile of destruction not a few feet away, and she sidestepped to put herself between the herbs and the pair in a sad attempt to shield them from what she had done.

"Do you have a name?" The male had asked her. Well, of course she had a name, what kind of question was that? Were there wolves without names? He continued. "I’m Rhyme, this is Shaye. We’re the alphas here.”

"My name is Cannival." The lioness offered, dipping her head respectfully as she addressed them. "Your scent is all over this land. What is an alpha? Are you protectors?" She wanted to ask more, but the she-wolf spoke again.

"Why have you come to meet us? Why are you here?" Cannival considered how to best reply. She wasn't sure the wolves would accept a runaway feline.

"I've come looking for a better world. For a family." She simplified. "My last family were lions like me, and they stood by as our leader slaughtered my cubs. I left and now I'm here, looking for somewhere to live where innocents aren't slaughtered for having the wrong blood." Cannival tried her best to keep the pain from her voice and stay professional, failing as her words were punctuated by a deep growl.

"Speech."