size
Extra small
build
Light
player

Treat 2019Christmas 2019Promptober 2019
05-29-2019, 08:40 PM

ERIS PYRE

Who says you have to settle down? The thought struck her as profoundly... interesting. And unsettling. In fact, it almost made her hackles rise. She had just assumed that she would settle down with the Ademre, wherever they led her. She owed them her life. The Lethani guided her very being, and she looked to Tor at night for guidance. For the very first time, she supposed that she could take what the Ademre gave her and... what? Move on? By herself? The thought was almost chilling. Without her siblings, the world seemed dark and bleak, for more reasons than one. "Well, I like company," Eris said quietly, following after the male's footsteps. In fact, Oxide's scent had become familiar in this treacherous landscape. It was almost comforting.

"As you can see, I just get into too much trouble on my own." Eris was trying to make light of her situation, but she wasn't exactly wrong. She took his reply in stride, picking up the pace to keep up with his lope. By the way his stride changed, she could tell he was growing more confident. They were coming up on the end of the pits.

"Who says you can't have freedom and family?" She countered. Her family was her freedom. Without them, she would be shackled by her own failing eyesight, which would surely be a death sentence if she was left alone. If she could no longer hunt and feed herself, she would be relegated to tracking carrion. By wintertime, if she survived that long, she would surely perish. The thought of her small body, lost somewhere in a great snow drift, slowly starving to death... Yes, her family was her freedom. "Well, my paws too! Maybe we'll cross paths again soon." She tried not to sound hopeful, but she was already starting to like him. It was hard for Eris not to like others, and Oxide had lent a paw just when she needed it. Of course, in her mind, they were friends.

[Image: eris-sig-gif.gif][Image: theo-sig-gif.gif][Image: idalia-sig-gif.gif][Image: dag-sig-gif.gif][Image: rags-sig-gif-1.gif][Image: luce-sig-gif.gif][Image: calamity-sig-gif.gif]