size
Extra small
build
Light
player

Treat 2019Christmas 2019Promptober 2019
06-04-2019, 05:07 PM

ERIS PYRE

The walk from here to where she had tracked Oxide had taken about twenty minutes - the return took over an hour. They had stopped plenty of times as Eris feigned to lose her way, giving Oxide time to rest. When she finally came upon the gully, a wave of powerful relief crashed over her. It had been a struggle to help bear his weight, even if she didn't mind in the least. Her stature made her a poor physical assistant. "Alright, stay here a moment. I'll find somewhere soft to land for the next few days."

In reality, it could take as long as three weeks for him to walk without pain. He would be stiff for most of the summer, but by the thick of winter, she figured he would be good as new. The wolverine hadn't totally massacred him, but the flesh wounds were deep and ugly. Eris grumbled to herself. Although she was looking forward to having a task to dedicate herself to over the coming weeks, and company to boot, she knew Oxide would be less than pleased. She decided, then, to make this time together as pleasant as she possibly could.

Down near the water flowing through the ravine, there was a loamy shore and a grassy overhang, creating a pleasant, shady space that was hidden from immediate view. Perfect, she thought. Eris scrambled back up the slope and gently pressed her face to his side. "Okay, follow me..." By now, the sedative effects and pain relief from the wild opium lettuce should be kicking in. In fact, it had even been reported to create a mild psychotropic effect in some wolves...

Eris skidded awkwardly down the ravine. The sun had fully set and it was dark now. At least here, by the water, he could re-hydrate - and at his own leisure. She imagined that the small freedom might be enough to lift his mood. "I can find some berries for a quick snack and I'll scrounge up some other food tomorrow." It was likely she'd have to return to her siblings and ask for help. Eris was a poor hunter by herself, but together they could bag something of a decent size. Or she could catch fish - it was the one skill that she was remarkably proficient at. Something about the way she perceived their shadows in the water.

"But for now, we should both rest. By the way, what's a coconut?" Eris murmured, curling up near Oxide.

[Image: eris-sig-gif.gif][Image: theo-sig-gif.gif][Image: idalia-sig-gif.gif][Image: dag-sig-gif.gif][Image: rags-sig-gif-1.gif][Image: luce-sig-gif.gif][Image: calamity-sig-gif.gif]