Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
06-10-2019, 01:10 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2019, 01:16 AM by Cannival.)

Cannival

Cannival could not tell if her words hit their mark and she desperately hoped that she had not been too hard on him. His eyes were clenched shut when she began her speech, though when they opened they were still so laden with fear that she felt suddenly monstrous before him. He seemed to be listening however, and so hopefully it hadn't all been for naught.

She tried to push back the emotions welling up within her, and how very torn she felt to be speaking so harshly to such a broken stranger. When she finished and dropped his head, his eyes fell very suddenly back downcast and Cannival felt a sigh tear from between blackened lips.

"Let me get you something to treat the damage to your leg. Did you cut it? Or twist it."

The male changed the subject then, and Cannival suddenly felt her confidence wither away beneath his inspection. The lioness stamped her paw onto the ground hurriedly- perhaps too hard, as she immediately lifted it again -and moved a few quickened steps backwards.

"No.. I don't know. I jumped out of a tree. It's fine, really." She felt heat creep into her face, and looked down at the ground in overwhelming shame. This wolf was a healer, and here she was claiming his time to lecture him on self-esteem when his pack needed him. "There were so many wolves injured in the fire, please, save your stores for them." Her voice grew very quiet as she finished. "I don't belong here."

"You."
"Think."
"Speech"