Typhon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
06-11-2019, 09:08 PM

Fatherhood was a new concept to Typhon, and he was slowly beginning to learn exactly what it meant. He worried sometimes that he was lacking something, but the role of father felt as though it was something that had been destined for him by some greater power. Failing wasn't a possibility, at least not in his mind. His expression was thoughtful as he got a better view of Saren, wondering what precisely was going on in his son's mind. Just knowing would be harder than trying to pry, and he wasn't particularly fond of seeming like an overbearing parent.

"Including yourself isn't always easy, but sometimes.. you have to push yourself outside of your comfort zone." When had he become so.. introspective? This was advice he wished he'd been given when he'd been young. Instead he felt as though he'd been shunned, his anxieties overflowing until they'd become the core of his identity, until banishment had been his father's only fitting solution. He'd been left to die, really - but he'd shown strength and persevered even when he'd been too young to be realistically left on his own.

He couldn't imagine letting Saren suffer a similar fate. But he had no doubt some of the higher-ranking Abraxas members would suggest an introverted, uncooperative member of the family be changed... or culled. The word made him feel a hard-to-ignore prickle of fear at the back of his mind. "I like being alone sometimes, too," he admitted quietly, moving to sit near Saren without overcrowding his personal space. "I thought I'd always be alone, in some way, until I met your mother. It's possible to find wolves you don't feel uncomfortable around. But the others? You need to learn to fake it," he spoke more seriously now, eyeing Saren to judge his response to his advice.

© argent 2017