size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
06-12-2019, 03:34 PM

Cannival

It wasn't a long trek from the rapids in Abaven to the neighbouring Sunset Falls, and so Cannival had decided that in the interest in supporting her pack that she'd take the trip in search of herbs to help those injured in the fire. Shaye had all but begged her to stay, gifting her a lovely feather from her collection that reminded the lioness of her friend Motif each time she felt it rustle behind her ear. She'd agreed to do her best to assist in the rebuilding of Abaven, but Cannival still felt useless with her lack of general knowledge in this strange land. Shaye had offered to set her up with a healer to learn from, and so the lioness was determined to be the best assistant she could with such a lacking skillset.

As she wandered, Cannival gathered whatever looked distinctive and bright. From her experience so far, it seemed these plants were most likely to be medicinal in some way. She only found one herb she recognized- a fuzzy green leaf that was called Horehound, she couldn't remember for the life of her what it was used for but she scooped up the plant regardless. Most of the healers Cannival had met carried pouches to hold their stores, but the lioness had yet to acquire one. Instead she carried a large wide leaf that served to contain the herbs a safe distance from her mouth in case she picked anything inedible or dangerous.

There was one more plant that she had heard of, Lamb's Ear. It was supposed to be incredibly soft and able to act as a bandage for wounds. Seeing as many wolves of Abaven now carried multiple burns that needed to be treated with salve, Cannival thought Shaye would appreciate if she could find something soft to wrap the wound with. No matter how long she looked, however, the lioness was unsuccessful.

Just as she was beginning to lose hope, Cannival spotted another just a short distance away. Upon this wolf's back was a satchel much like she had seen the healers of Abaven carry. A small sigh of exasperation puffed from blackened lips as she considered her approach. Please don't run away. She had had enough experience of fear-laden, aggressive, and prejudiced wolves to last a lifetime.

"Uh, hello!" The lioness greeted, allowing her voice to swell with pleasant warmth. Large paws carried her forward in a relaxed trot towards the other. "I was hoping you could help me? I've come for herbs, but I'm afraid I can't find what I'm looking for. Abaven needs Lamb's Ear to cover some wounds. Have you seen any around here?"

"You."
"Think."
"Speech"