size
Small species
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KBeeventTreat 2019
06-16-2019, 08:24 PM
Cannival startling was enough to startle Armando. She was simply much too big and predatory for quick movements to be anything other than alarming to a small creature. Armando very nearly fell off the rock backwards. Quite quickly though it became apparent that he'd startled her and he hauled himself forward and up to retake his pre-startle position.

"My apologizes," he said, for the first time in a long time actually meaning it. If he was to befriend this cat he wasn't off to the best start. "I was sure you would hear me approach." When she apologized he quickly brushed it off. "No, no, you're right, I should be more careful." He'd actually learned something here. Do not startle lions. Even their fearful faces were alarming.

"And uh...thank you." He beamed up at her, clearly in good humor, and quipped, "I certainly won't forget this welcome." He was past it already and hoped she had a sense of humor.

No one, it seemed, had ever seen a red panda. Shaye was the first in a long time, so it came as no surprise to him that Cannival didn't know what he was. Most of his kind were content to hang out in bamboo forests, stuffing their faces and sleeping in the trees. They lacked ambition so it was no wonder few creatures had heard of them. That bothered him when he was a cub, but Armando had learned to use it to his advantage. If no one knew anything about red pandas then they wouldn't know what to expect from him. "Oh, it's alright," he said warmly. "My kin tend to be homebodies so it's not surprising. I'm a red panda."

He peeked up at her with wide, curious eyes. "And uhh...you are a lion, yes? Just like a little cat," he measured out roughly the size of a house cat with his paws, "But big, yes?" He already knew a little about lions, but he was going to play dumb for a bit, see if it got him any where good.

Armando has a female tufted titmouse companion. It doesn't have a name because it's dumb and doesn't deserve one. Assume it's with him always.