Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
07-10-2019, 09:52 PM
Viviane offered a quiet almost-protest, but she also couldn't deny the truth in Artur's words. Their brother had always had the uh, strongest personality in their litter. He was forceful, serious and headstrong, and it was no surprise to Geoffrey that he'd taken it upon himself to do something about his siblings' predicament. It was also not surprising that he was so angry and possibly motivated by more than his love for his siblings, but Geoffrey couldn't fault him for his anger and he certainly couldn't hold it against him. Geoffrey was angry too. Disappointed more than anything else, but angry all the same.

Artur's rebuttal was harsh enough to cause Geoffrey to bristle on Aurielle's behalf, but his discomfort was quickly brushed away as the logic  beat down his misgivings. Geoffrey dropped his head again and stared pensively at the ground. Finally he conceded quietly, ”That's right.” He prided himself at being able to look at a situation from all sides, and it was that ability that told him Artur was close to the truth. How else could Aurielle's selective ways be explained? In reasoning, Geoffrey tried to take the path of least resistance; the explanation that required the least amount of speculation was better than the one that was all assumption and no substance. And in this scenario what explanation required the fewest assumptions? That Aurielle had little time to give and so she gave it to those she liked best.

”It's a good plan,” Geoffrey said as he glanced between his siblings. ”But I don't want you taking the blame for me. If I go with you – and I will – I'm going of my own free will. You aren't making me even if you think you're being slick and getting your way – I'm choosing to go. It's only fair I accept the consequences of my actions, no?” It was nice and all for Artur to want to shoulder the blame, but in doing so Geoffrey felt Artur was infantalising him. It was a slippery slope; today it was shouldering the blame, tomorrow it was lecturing him on how to treat allies.
[Image: jqslMGb.png]