An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
07-13-2019, 07:27 PM
Eris laughed, and though Sota's tone was lighthearted, he was being completely serious. The mind could adapt, and even those like Eris who lost their sight could bounce back in remarkable ways. She didn't seem like she believed him as much as he hoped, but it wasn't his business - he just hoped she didn't rule out something she'd always aspired toward simply because of it.

"A relief?" It was hard to completely understand where she was coming from, but the truth was that Sota had never had the overwhelming urge to show off to his peers like so many of his friends seemed to possess. He lived a certain way, and followed a specific moral code... but he knew he'd never be the greatest Soundless warrior to come out of Auster, and he was okay with that. He nodded, trying to understand as best as he could. "'Well.. that's good, then!" He spoke up again after a moment, offering a gentle smile. It was hard imagining abandoning his own family's ways, but if she was happy with her situation - and he knew her failing vision wasn't the end of the world for her, even if it did probably seem rather bleak - then that was all that mattered.

He let out a content sigh, letting his muzzle drop to his paws as his smile lingered for a long moment. "Old fruit trees," he repeated, as if implanting that into his memory. He had no doubt he'd seek her out again someday, though he had no clue how soon that someday would be. Thankfully she'd chosen to live in a place full of trees - maybe he'd catch her by surprise this time rather than meet the way they had today. "I agree, it'd be hard to sit through a storm like this and not end up friends," he chuckled softly again, tilting his head to watch her with an undeniable fondness in his eye. "I'll come visit you soon, I promise."