Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
07-20-2013, 06:47 PM

Medusa noted Newt?s arrival, dipping her head slightly in respect. She was not the sort of woman who demanded respect, especially not where she had not earned it. She did not require that Newt prostrate herself upon arrival, for even though the serpent had beaten her in battle once that did not mean anything at all. Medusa was not a warrior, but rather an opportunist. If she had not gotten an opportunity in their battle, she likely would not have been able to defeat the giant. Therefore, respect was given to the woman, even if the burnings of a slight hatred flickered within the snake?s belly. She did not hate Newt, but she disliked the idea of her, disliked the thought of anything that posed a threat to Jupiter.
Her voice sounded dead, as if the death of her mate had rendered her unable to breath. Medusa could sympathize; she supposed she would be much the same if it had been Jupiter who found herself in the ground. ?Hello, lovely,? she purred. Perhaps she should?ve been more professional, but such a word was the opposite of the Madame. She was not professional, she was relaxed, ruling her back with gentle, subtle authority. ?To be quite frank, I wanted to see if you were still alive. It would be such a shame to see beauty such as yours wasted on a grave,? she said. She meant her flirtation, but she did not call Newt here to flirt and offer compliments.

?I have also come to see if there is anything to discuss between us,? she said, her words ambiguous. Medusa wanted to see if peace could be arranged in any way, but she doubted it. She was not na?ve enough to believe that Newt would agree, but she was always capable of being surprised.