size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Mammoth HunterPride - BisexualBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019Promptober 2019
08-02-2019, 07:35 PM

Corvus had only seen the tail end of Aiden lunging forward to catch a fish, watching him choke slightly on the water as it dripped from his face. It was probably exactly how he'd look in a minute, so he merely cracked a faint smile as he leaned to nudge Aiden. The contact was short-lived - and as soon as he pulled away from his brother's touch he regretted moving away so quickly. But they were older now, fully grown, and though he wasn't one to care much what strangers thought of him.. well, cuddling up to your brother when you were a kid was much different than doing it now - especially after so much time had kept them apart.

Hopefully time would help him understand what was and wasn't acceptable. Their dynamic had changed, but perhaps they could regain some of the closeness they'd once had. Corvus certainly wouldn't let his brother slip away from him completely, now that they were together again.. it was just going to take some work. That was all. Work that he was wholly committed to.

"I'm sorry," he started, apologizing being his instinctive reaction. "I should've checked to see if you wanted to tag along," Corvus admitted, sounding a bit sheepish at the realization. Part of him hadn't expected Aiden to be up for it - for any of it, whether it be the trip here or the competitions or just the crowds in general. There were a lot of strangers here - didn't that make him a little uncomfortable? He knew he was being presumptuous, and in his own uncertainty surrounding what Aiden might want to do, he'd simply... decided not to mention the festival at all. He'd definitely made a mistake there.

He'd made a lot of mistakes lately, truth be told. Fucking up his relationship with Aiden, though, wasn't going to be one of them - he'd make damn sure of that. He found himself cracking a slight grin at his words, nodding in agreement. "Yeah - I'd have to agree. Never was much of a swimmer," he chuckled, using a paw to swipe at the water idly, watching the way his movements disrupted the surface and sent out a cascade of ripples in every direction. "I think mom and dad's warnings about the rapids when we were kids scarred me a bit," Corvus teased lightly, tilting his head to offer Aiden a more genuine grin now.

Thinking about their parents probably wasn't the best way to lighten the mood, but bringing up childhood memories wasn't so bad, right? He hoped not. At least they could focus on fishing, if nothing else. "An entire deer? I'll believe it when I see it," he teased lightly. "You might want to try to save a few fish, if you're able to contain yourself. Apparently we get tickets for showing what we caught, and there's some.. prizes or something at the end. That's what I heard," he explained. Winning didn't matter much to him, but maybe one of the prizes might be cool? Something to bring home to Abaven, at least. Shrugging, he moved to re-focus himself, moving to lunge at another fish just a few yards out.