Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
08-13-2019, 11:23 PM
His rumbling was pleasant to her ears, encouraging and delivered while she met his gaze. She gave him a look that said she knew the answer, but appreciated the reminder of her true nature. Dea was never meant to be a follower, though the pack would offer her a few opportunities to gain the skills necessary to elevate her status. It was the one that Archon had made his pact with that gave her pause. "And what of us? What will we become?" She hadn't bothered answering his boulstering speech, there was nothing she could have added. Her main concern was how it would affect the things between them, whatever it was that grew had led her to make her promise to him to begin with.

Would this new home shatter all she had worked so hard to build? There were too many questions and not enough answers. But, Dea found herself holding fast to her belief in him. While the other may have been a willing host for an alliance of sorts, Dea had been much more than that - at least in her opinion. She was a divine queen in her own right, she only lacked the kingdom. Was she truly going to let insecurity stop her from proving herself? "I will join you, but I worry for our future and what it holds. My own parents were disjointed and I want none of that for our children. I watched it tear my mother apart, and it destroyed my family. To the point that I have no idea if my siblings live and I know my mother is dead. My father, too, is gone. Is this to be my future? Our children's future?" It certainly wasn't what she had in mind when she went to speak, but her speech revealed much more about her true concerns than she had originally anticipated. The present didn't scare her, the pack didn't scare her, not really. It was what the pack and the alliance represented to her that frightened her so.

It meant she couldn't obtain the one goal that truly mattered to her. Hell, she might not ever even had a chance, despite the many hurdles she had cleared in order to do so.
Bite warning! Dea is a wolf capable of extreme violence, she only has mercy on her family. Thread cautiously!

The character you are currently reading is Dea, as indicated by the red border around her pic.
If you would like a thread, just let Bird know via Discord or PM Dea's profile!