gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-16-2019, 08:08 PM

Chrysanthos chuckled at the man's response. "True, you are alive and I am glad for it." He'd have been pretty miserable if he'd gone through all that work to save the man only to lose him but he also knew that was not uncommon. The point was to try, to try and help and not to worsen the patient's suffering. The man asked him what tisane was and Chrysanthos scooted over so the man could see what he was working on easier. "Tisane is a mix of dried herbs. You can put these herbs into a poultice or set them in water to pull out the nutrients so they can be drunk." He stuck his head down into his pack and pulled out a small cracked vial that held some dried, ground herbs. He set it down carefully. "This is one I've already made."

Chrys reached his head down to snip of large pieces of the plant, namely the leaves that he dropped into a clay bowl. Bolla took a small stone and began grinding up the herbs as Chrys worked at snipping off the leaves. The man finally spoke his own name and Chrys smiled. "A pleasure, Thaddeus. You're welcome to call me Chrys if it's easier. I realize my name can be a bit of a mouthful. Can I get you anything?"

Suddenly the earth began to shake. Chrys quickly steadied the bowl in which the tisane was being prepared while Bolla dived for the vial. His heart launched into this throat, his fur standing on end until the earthquake slowly subsided. Eyes wide he turned to look at Thaddeus.