Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-16-2019, 09:22 PM

”Got it,” Deity replied. She trusted the wolf’s directions without a second doubt. Rose didn’t seem like the type to thwart, and besides, she wouldn’t lie now when she had something to gain. Deity focused on the map, trying to memorize the route. She made sure to take note of the pack territory that Rose had told her to go around— if such a thing was worth mentioning, she had to be careful. Being taken captive by some pack would really be the cherry on top of a delightful adventure.
All in all, Rose’s directions made sense. Hopefully a straight route west would take Deity out of the swamp, and fast. She was eager to escape, and though the task ahead was daunting, she was more focused on how fresh air would taste upon her tongue. Oh sweet, sweet Boreas air. Fresh and clean and free of the oppressive humidity (not to mention the stench) of the swampland.
Deity stood— her ankle throbbed, but she could handle it. She would rest a few days to let her ankle heal, then she’d be off. She gave Rose an exhausted nod. ”I suppose I’ll get going now. Thank you again for the brace. I’ll see you soon.” She looked again into the yellow eyes of the healer, expression tired, but determined, before turning away and limping off, tail swishing behind her.

((EXIT))
”Speech”

And so our haloes became collars and golden chains; our proud, shining divinity became the very thing that bound us.