gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
09-12-2019, 10:46 PM

And so, the perpetrator showed himself at last.

Lae flinched slightly as the wolf appeared, his light brown hues contrasting the soft layer of snow beneath their feet. It was clear she didn't have much experience interacting with others, even her own kind -- or, perhaps she did, but it was bad experience, and now she was left to pick up social cues and skills all on her own. But as a young creature, she could learn to adapt and grow. If she really wanted too, anyways. Her drive for survival was all she needed, or so she felt.

"What, got something in my teeth?" The canine said. He already gave off the kind of vibe that rubbed Lae's fur the wrong way.

You're not gonna have any teeth the next time you do that, asshole, She snapped in her mind, but the scowl on her lips remained as a physical remnant of her mental response. True, she was socially awkward, but even she was aware that carelessly flinging insults could lead her down a dangerous, if not fatal path.

She watched, in surprise, as the wolf suddenly launched himself onto a branch. And another, then another, until she was about a foot away from her face. Clearly, she was..confused. Tilting her head slightly, she attempted to make some kind of sense as to what happened.

"I don't appreciate rude awakenings," The femme uttered, her voice smooth as honey, but with a lingering chill like the coldness that settled on both their shoulders. Shifting on her paws, she mentally replayed the small brown canine's path through the trees, and despite her unwillingness to communicate, she inquired simply, "Why do you climb through trees like that?" As far as she knew, wolves walked on the ground. Birds lived in trees, so did monkeys. Not wolves.

"Speech"

comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.