gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
09-13-2019, 07:30 AM

As the stranger's face was tilted upside down, Lae attempted to tilt her head futher down as well, in order to see him properly. He was an interesting fellow, one that grabbed her attention. He should feel quite honored -- Laeta never gave this kind of attention to anybody, and was normally not easily distracted by strangers. Then again, she also never encountered a wolf that ran among the trees instead of upon the earth. There was something surprisingly intriguing about him, and the ebony femme usually resisted this burning curiosity that came with her yearling age.

"I was making sure you wasn't dead," The stranger responded to her inquiry about the pinecone. The woman wished to open her maw and snap, Why would it matter to you anyways? You don't even know me at all. But, she did not, and instead, due to the catastrophic natural disaster, she supposed it wasn't entirely his fault that he had to check. Dead wolves weren't to be taken too lightly -- but Laeta wouldn't care, either way. If she saw a wolf, sleeping or dead, she would have passed it as if it wasn't there at all.

"Fair enough," She murmured simply. Her ruby eyes scanned the wolf with every movement he made. It was somewhat practice and somewhat instinct -- she was always on guard, ready for anything. Her muscles were tense, but it never occurred to her that she could relax once in a while and nothing bad would happen. Her mind was too stubborn to let her slump down and rest as lazily as the tree fellow above her.

In response to her inquiry, the tree dweller asked her back, "Whydya stay on the ground like that?"

The young woman shrugged. It was the only realm she knew -- believe her, if she could climb into the trees, she would. She wanted to hide from the world oftentimes, and the security of the branches was entirely justified.

"I dunno. Most wolves live on the ground," She replied. Unknowingly, her cold tone was soon replaced by her normal, smooth monotony. It had little feeling or emotion, but there was a faint glimmer of curiosity she was trying not to show. She forced emotions down deep into herself. Showing any emotion seemed like a nightmare for her, and in her current survival mode, she found it best to not portray any singular emotion. Instead, the wolf only portrayed a tough, cold, and indistinguishable persona.

Unlike her normal self, where she always had the other creature carry a conversation due to her lack of social skills, she had to pry further into this guy. He just seemed..too different. He was not a normal wolf. Mentally cursing herself for being a typical curious young one, she looked up at the man and asked, "Have you always lived in the trees? Or is it a talent of sorts?" Sometimes, mutation occurred that allowed normal wolves to do something out of the ordinary, so Lae wondered if this creature was gifted with such a thing.

"Speech"

comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.