Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
09-17-2019, 01:09 PM
The area was quiet, and he noticed the lack of motion in the small cedar area. The scent of tree drowned out most animal smells, but they lie hidden amongst the grassy area, chilled with winter's touch. He noticed above them lie an overcast sky, with a cool yet constant breeze tickling their furs and mangling threads of hair together. It wasn't wet, but the air wasn't dry. It was soft moisture that tickled his nostrils. The wetness from above lingered in clouds that fluffed the grey sky above. It was a cool day, one perfect for traveling he thought to himself.

She thanked him and his head dipped instinctively down in respect, giving her bidding of gratefulness. He was happy to be of help, and he silently admitted it only to himself. When Willoughby had stated that there was no sign of his family-- on her end, his shoulders fell and he sighed. Chippering his mood back up, he gave a smile and shrugged kindly. "Can't win it all." Soon she began to speak more, reassuring him not to worry about his comments. He felt the reassuring words creep into his nerves to soothe them.

"I'm sure they'd have loved to share the stories of our family. We are small but close." Serpentine admitted, blinking away his sorrow in his eye and perking up when she addressed him further. "To this side, yeah. I've lived in Boreas before the blow. Born and raised in a small little valley close to a long drawn out river that cuts across miles. We never had a name for it, so I cannot tell you where it was. Perhaps one day I'll find it again. Or perhaps I'll find a new home." Serpentine rambled on, explaining his plans and thoughts to this wolf he'd just met. He felt at ease, comfortable with her presence. Something he'd needed since the mountain's blow and his separation from his family. He kept his apologies at bay, and instead waited upon Willoughby's response to his drawn on conversation.
[Image: SIgnatureedit.jpg]