size
Toy size
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipChristmas 2019Treat 2019
10-17-2019, 01:43 PM

Cold.

He had a duty to fulfill… but… whether due to his injuries, or simply lacking the will to rise, the winged wolf refused to budge from the under the rotten tree he had managed to drag his body to.

Gavroche had thought he knew pain before but… that was nothing compared to the heaviness in his chest as he grieved now. Before him, resting on leaf litter, lay the massive collar of his cousin. The last thing he had of them…

Melanthios had perished.

So, so cold…

Gavroche shifted, wincing at the pain he felt.

The volcano had erupted… and it was by some great mercy of the goddess Celeste he had managed to get this far.

He remembered fire.... Panic…

Melanthios’ scream as the flaming branch fell on them.

Gods Gav had tried desperately to move it. Even now he could smell the burning fur and flesh of his cousin and it made his stomach churn. Houdini, bless her, had tried as well…

Sadly their efforts were in vain. As a last act Mela had removed their collar, telling him to take it to Valk… their oath… it was not broken intentionally.

Gav forced himself to flee, to survive, for the sake of his cousin’s act... The first waves of hurt washing onto his heart as he did so.

...why is it so cold?

But then Houdini passed too. Smoke inhalation he supposed.

With a last burst of strength and adrenaline Gavorche forced himself into the waters of the Eastern lands and began to swim. Keeping Mela’s collar with him had almost killed him -- it was heavy and he had almost lost it. But he would have rather drowned than abandon it.

He had made it here… but had no energy left…

Blisters on his paws from burns, singed fur in patches on his front half from trying to help his cousin, and smoke inhalation caused him discomfort as well… not to mention small, minor cuts from his reckless, fearful path here. And upon arrival he hadn’t gone out much… mostly to get water… and thus he had become thin… a sorry sight for the creature he once was.

The youth let out a wheezy sigh and closed his eyes.

In the background he could hear the waves lapping at the shore -- he hadn’t made it too far beyond the beach as the sun shone down on the earth.

Maybe the Gods would take pity on him… Send Charis or Erebos to collect his soul and let him return with them in the sky…

As much as Gavroche didn’t want to die… he wasn’t sure what could fix the ache and sorrow of his heart. Even if he somehow managed to survive longer without food or much water… would he ever be the same?

I miss your warmth…

"Speech"