Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
10-17-2019, 06:32 PM

It didn't take long for Kai to spot the stranger. His expression was mostly neutral, though not without a hint of curiosity. The younger female was small, quite unlike his father, but those deep red markings of hers reminded Kai instantly of him. She almost reminds me of myself, he thought quietly, remembering how his own reflection had looked, the few times he'd studied it. Surely it was just a coincidence though? He narrowed his eyes as he examined her, finding it harder to contain the visible interest in his unabashed stare.

Her question very nearly allowed the heavy weight of anger and frustration he'd been carrying to lift.. at least for a moment. He paused, taking in her words, though eventually he cracked a wide grin. It'd been a long while since he'd heard his father's native tongue spoken, perhaps since he'd met Mikkal, and he was ashamed to admit he hadn't been practicing it as much as he should've been.  "My father always told me, voit havaita Jarvelan mailin päässä,", he replied, his words likely far more clumsy than her own. Did it surprise him that she recognized him as kin? Not really, but it wasn't something he'd expected today either.

"There are no reindeer that way, I'm afraid," he assured her, his excited grin softening. Though perhaps that wasn't such a bad thing. He had no doubt Winterfell would needlessly cull a herd if it happened to wander across their borders, especially to work toward repaying their debt to the slaver that had held him. "I'm Kai," he introduced himself with a slight flourish, dipping his tusked head to the ground before lifting it back up toward her.