Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
10-19-2019, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2019, 06:52 PM by Kai.)
The kinship, something he had no doubt that they shared, was deeply refreshing to him. He doubted anyone could successfully impersonate a Jarvela, and why would they want to, anyway? Surely if she was, her disguise would quickly unravel, but he had no worries that she wasn't exactly who she seemed to be. After a moment he found his grin growing slightly, making no effort to contain the joy he felt around meeting a family member.

Akna was her name. For a moment he felt inclined to ask if she knew his father, but it'd been a long while since he'd seen the male and though he believed he'd made it back to the tribe, he doubted he'd lived quite this long. The thought pained him, knowing he was carrying on his legacy was a comfort in itself. If only he could see me now, he thought to himself, somewhat bitterly. He'd never been very altruistic, but his compassion had been his downfall.. and it only continued to be, no matter how hard he tried to fight against it.

But enough with those bitter thoughts. That was a problem for another day, not today. "Akna," he repeated, his grin a bit softer now. "A beautiful name." But she seemed to quickly push past all formalities, something he appreciated, asking him plainly why he was here.  "It's a long story, but my stay here isn't permanent," he promised her quickly, though he couldn't shake the feeling that he was having to defend himself.. and against what? A life he hadn't ever wanted for himself. He fought back a slight sneer at the thought. "Though if you have the time I'll gladly fill you in on it." And if not? He wouldn't fault her, though he would definitely be disappointed - but it wouldn't be a surprise if she had better things to do than listen to his stories.