Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
10-28-2019, 01:57 PM

He stood there with concern for a moment before realization washed over him. He listened to her broken words, the emotion behind them. The fear, the sadness, the uncertainty. He listened quietly and let her speak, crimson gaze gentle as he watched her. It seemed he hadn't realized just how bad she was on the inside. How broken she had been, and here he felt like he had failed her since the beginning. She had trusted Heloise to be with her when she joined, and soon after his mate had moved into the den with them and the both of them ended up becoming so busy with pack work and their kids that he had neglected to check in with his pack mates. Yurei especially. When ended with an apology and telling him she didn't want to be a bother, he slowly shook his head.

"You are not a bother, Yurei. You never have been to us. You've not failed here, either. In fact, I feel that it is I who has failed you." He said softly. He glanced up to look her in her eyes, lit up with fear. In a way, he understood some of her plight. He had been cast out of his birth pack for not doing the evil acts ordered of him. And for that, he had been punished. Almost killed, even. He could imagine to some degree what she had gone through, but why? She was so sweet and innocent...had she perhaps been born into a pack that looked down on a wolf like her because they sought power? Bloodlust? Perhaps the type of pack that held the ideal that only the strong were worthy? If that were the case, they lost out on a valuable member. In his eyes, she was strong. She had endured every hardship thrown her way and she still stood.

"I understand how you feel. You've fought long and hard to be where you are now, and I must say, I'm glad you are with us." It was likely that his words fell on deaf ears, but no matter what, he'd try his best to get her to see he meant it. "You are not alone anymore, Yurei. You have me and Heloise, and Ignis and the rest of the pack. And...you're more than welcome to stay with Heloise and I in our den. I'm sure the kids would love to make a new friend," He chuckled. He meant it. The cabin he shared with his family was more than big enough, and when they slept in the pines, he had made that den with plenty of room for more than just his mate and kids. It was a genuine offer, and he felt perhaps it would help ease her worries.

"Speech"