An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
10-31-2019, 06:20 PM
I'll tough it out, I won't give in

Álarr's ears perked up at the mention of Motherwort. He was well studied in herbs but he wasn't familiar with that herb. That was one thing he could appreciate about his field of study. There was always more to learn. "Sure, I'd be happy to! My name is Álarr Imperialis by the way. Broom is best gathered in late winter and early spring. That's when its most potent. What you want is the tops." Álarr stepped back and then reared up, twisting his head to snap one of the tops. He landed on his paws, pulling the branch with him til he snipped the top off. "It can be used as a diuretic and to increase blood pressure temporarily. It uh… can also help constipated wolves." He grinned sheepishly, suddenly a bit embarrassed. His expression straightened out as he thought of something else he should mention. "You'll want to try it in small doses first. Too much can cause vomiting and respiratory distress."

"Can you tell me about motherwort? I'm not familiar with that herb."