Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
11-01-2019, 04:38 PM

She wanted to learn everything about his affliction, and he sighed, mind wandering through the paths of chaos his terrors had inflicted. How to begin? Luce hadn’t managed to heal him, and her suggestion of group therapy had frightened him away from seeking her help again. He would not tell his woes to a group of wolves, and in turn listen to their weaknesses. He was a Warlord, and once he had been a slave. Many in Klein Empire resented his quick rise, and would hurt him if they found a way.

He assumed that first and foremost, his Vipress would need to know that it was ptsd. “The Risen Empire did not originate from these lands. It came from another place, a great distance away. It was ravaged by heat, the wells dried up, and the beasts of prey grew scarce. Famine struck, and the lower peasantry, those that could not afford the scarce scraps available, tore the palace apart. They killed everyone in their path, and the Klein royalty fled. Deathbelle, a Princess then, and my charge, was hunted by a particularly ruthless band. I fought them to the man, and she was able to flee, but not before I took a grievance wound. She believed me dead, and was forced to leave me behind. I spent weeks in a state of partial-consciousness, wracked with fever. I do not know how I lived. I do not know if it was residue of that fever that attacks my mind, or the memory of my almost death, of Deathbelle’s almost death.” it was a lot of words jumbled together, and he stopped his speech with a sigh, shaking his head, and resting it on Io’s paw, looking up into her golden gaze.

There it was, a deep part of his history, and not even the whole of his childhood trauma. He almost laughed, but shook it away. He had unburdened a great deal onto his little Vipress, but in terms of the night terrors, he had more to say. “The first time Zee slept beside me, the night terrors intensified, i felt her touch as an attack in my past, and skewered her throat with my fangs. You might see the thin lines of her scars across her neck, and now you know that it was I who gave it to her.” anger leaked into his words, his eyes darkened, his lip pulled back ever so subtly. It was clear if any other had done that to his Zee, he would have killed them where they stood. But how could he deal with it when he himself was the perpetrator?

"Speech"