size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
11-11-2019, 07:01 PM
Multi-hued eyes watched Deathbelle's face, hoping that the woman liked her surprise. Or at least part of her surprise. A nuzzle was given and Io accepted it happily, giving one quickly in return as Belle moved to the center of the room. She was proclaimed to have been busy and the small fae chuckled. "I've had a lot of spare time." Indeed... she'd barely been sleeping. Exhaustion had begun to dull her coat and a glaze had formed over her usually vibrant eyes. Her temper had been a bit short as well, but Sirius had been the only one to see that.

Stepping softly forward, Iolaire approached another mall divot in the rock situated just outside the line of furs. Taking a flint from her pack, the fae struck it against a strange piece of rock that she'd found long ago. Sparks flew, catching the dried tinder. Soon a small, comfortable fire was popping and crackling happily. She didn't want Belle to be cold. Plus her nap between Sirius and Bast had proven that she was able to sleep when she was warm.

Settling down upon the furs beside Deathbelle, there was one last surprise. Neck outstretched, the little wolf delicately grabbed a thin, flat slab of stone between her teeth and pulled it close to the furs. Both ladies would be able to reach it from where they lay. Io motioned to the stone. Chunks of meat lay upon it in a line. "I flavored these myself. Hopefully they don't taste too terrible." The meat was venison and had been flavored with wild onion, thyme and other savory herbs. "We can cook them over the flame or we can eat them as they are. Your choice." Though Iolaire was glad to be spending time with Deathbelle, it was obvious that she lacked some of her usual fire. She seemed tired, which she was. Even her voice was tired. Taking a stick between her jaws, she looked to the woman beside her. Would she like it cooked or raw?
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.