ardent

Fix me Father

Augustus

gems
size
build
player
07-27-2013, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2013, 08:45 PM by Augustus.)
The boy sat and listened as he perked up his black ears. His white gaze settled on his aunt and never left her. She whispered his name after giving a small smile. Then she said she would start from the beginning...

His Aunt started of how she had caught his scent far up here. Ten she said she went to investigate. The next thing gave him chills, the mention of screams. Auggiencpuldnimagine bloodcurdling screams ringing throughout the caverns. A lost and lone wolf calling for help, screaming. She said he was screaming her name. His father was screaming hisbsister's name. Octavian must have knew she would come. She wouldnalways come for him right? She said she found him, found him bloody at the head and neck. He looked down as she told him his father saidntonleave him there to die. But thenyearling's white gaze averted back to his Aunt Locciannas shensaidnsuddenlynhenwanted to live. Strange....did his father go mentally insane? But what caught the young male was thenhisnfather apologized for leaving her. Was that when he left before his mother could tell him about their pup, him? Or was it when he was courting her...

Aiggie saw the tears that began tonrollndown her cheeks. She then said it was her fault, that was ridiculous, right? Quickly after that she said if she had been there for him. But she was there for him right?!?! She was there when he needed her most...at his death. On came a name, Bronze. She said it was because of the time she had spent with him. For some reason Auggiendodnt want to blame his Aunt, he just blamed the mysterious brute. Shensaodnhenwouldnhave been able to meet him. Proceeding that came the shaking and another blame to herself; saying it was her fault once more.

No this couldn't be true, she wasn't at fault...she couldn't be. Then came the words of how they made it outside of the caverns where his father collapsed. Augustus' white gave averted back towards the spot with the dried mud and upturned grass with dried blood. Closin his eyes for a moment he imagined js father laying there in a puddle of blood with his Aunt. Anothe raj over ran down the boy's spine as he thought about it.

She continued....on how he asked her if he was dying and that he was scared. Auggie held in the tears as he watched his Aunt let hers go. She seemed to turn Waynfor a moment before telling him what she had told his father. She said she told him he was goin to be fine. She said he told him to close his eyes and go to sleep and he would wake up in a better place and feel better.

What his Aunt Loccian said next moved Augustus. Loccian told him how they lay there as he apologized and told her he would be there with her even though if she couldn't see him. After that the boy jumped as his Aunt broke down and curled into a ball. He landed over her to make sure she was alright before listening to her final words of the story...hisbfather's final words. He said "I love you."

Tears streamed down Augustus' face as he felt the urge to flee and hide. He was a wolf of solitude yet he would never admit he needed his Aunt. His father must have really loved his sister. They seemed to be very close and that's what upset his Aunt.

"Aunt Loccian...it's not your fault...it's what drove him tondo such a thing. And you were there for him! You were there when he needed you most....at his death. And when you told him that when he woke up and he would feel better you were right. He woke up in a better place right?"

"And when he said he would always be there even when you couldn't see him....I'm sure he meant it....My day's probably here now, sitting beside you, trying to comfort you. His final words were I love you and he meant it! He still loves you Aunt Loccian, he's here! My Dad isn't really gone...he's right here next to us....and in our hearts." he said through tears.

The boy clambered over his curlers up and Aunt lay beside her with his head over her neck.

"It's not your fault...it's absolutely not! I love you Aunt Loccian and I'll never leave you. You're the only family I have left along with Uncle Pontifex....but you were also the closest to my father." he whispered

A tear ran down his cheek before speaking again.

Pctavian would want us to be happy...not to grieve like this any longer right? And he's here with us too.... I also sometimes still feel like I'm in my own world. I don't even have a last name! Didn't my father have a last name? Don't you?" he said before nuzzling his face into Loccian's fur.

"Octavius....Augustus Octavius. That shall be my new name from now on. It shall be my father's legacy..." he said before turnin to look up at the sky.

"I promise..." he whispered to the wind

Closing his white eyes the boy let the wind coarse through his fur. He imagined a wolf as the wind, gently embracing him. His father, he could feel him. Maybe Aiggie imagined it but he believed that his father was always there...and he probably was....he promised too...

OOC: ignore phone post errors.