size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
11-15-2019, 07:39 PM
The thought of living out her days with Deathbelle was a sweet one, but Iolaire was a realist. Most likely she would end her days old and alone. Allowing another to get so close wasn't something that she anticipated or expected. It was surprising that she was enjoying herself so much with the Empress. It had started out as wanting to help the woman and had blossmed into something more. If she gave into her girlish fantasies, the pair would be together and that would be that. The world wasn't a fantasy, however.

Deathbelle's voice sounded, pulling Iolaire from her reverie. At first she wasn't sure if she had heard her properly. The small woman simply stared for a second. Love, was it? Repositioning, Iolaire pulled Belle close, pressing their foreheads together. Partially out of affection and partially because she didn't want her partner to see the emotion on her face. Her voice was soft, breathy. "You haven't lied to me yet. I wouldn't expect you to now." It was a lovely sentiment. Iolaire didn't doubt that it was true. She hoped that it wasn't, but she didn't doubt it.

Pulling back, green and gold eyes searched lavender pools. There was pure, unadultered honesty there. No filter. No mask. "No matter what happens, promise that we'll always be friends at least. Always be there for one another when we need. That will be good enough for me." Perhaps a relationship of faith would be better than a relationship of love and devotion.

Iolaire couldn't make herself say it back. She just couldn't. If anyone threatened Deathbelle harm, she would come unglued and find a way to kill them. She would defend the woman to her last breath, just as she would her brother. But she couldn't make herself say the words. She just couldn't. Love hurt too much. It always ended poorly. For both of them, it seemed. She couldn't say it to the woman, but she could show her. Iolaire offered a gentle kiss, the most gentle between them so far. And into that kiss, she poured the emotion that she refused to name.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.