Dancing in the Dark

Feli

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
11-17-2019, 12:53 AM

Felicien felt her draw closer and, instinctively, once their fur had brushed together, he leaned into her just a little more. He was so thankful for her companionship more with each day that passed. At her comment that they were nearing the end of their chapter the man chuckled softly. “Perhaps… but I don’t plan on letting this one end just yet.” It was, in a way, an indirect promise that he wasn’t going to give up and just die. Death may be inevitable for all things but he had always been a fighter… he’d fight the grim reaper off for as long as he could… for both of them.

For a time Felicien fell silent and listened, with both his ears and his heart, as Avalon began to unfold her tale. She had been born in Boreas, he knew so little of her family and past prior to this. She may have been happy here… but time changed all things. One by one, with her parents at the start of it all, Avalon lost her family. So much had changed for her… losing and gaining things over time. She had even rose to power, an alphess, having a family… and yet he was aware, perhaps painfully now, that she had lost so much of what she gained. The woman still had her freedom, however, breath in her lungs, and although time was more limited now they still had some of that too.

“What are you apologizing for?” Felicien’s voice was softer now than it had been prior. “Memories do make us who we are. Every experience, positive or negative, every wolf we meet, good or bad, make up what we are and what we’ll become. Life may not be easy but that's what makes it life." He felt her lean into him more and welcomed the touch.

Feli took a breath as he closed unseeing eyes with a small smile. "Meeting you was the best thing that happened to me, Avalon." The old man told her. He shifted and returned her touch, his muzzle meeting fur between her shoulder and neck.

"So many of my younger years were spent as a mercenary… avoiding the life larger groups presented. I had some good friends, two of the best pupils I could have asked for… but in the end everything does come to an end. I had hoped to find them, one of their family members, but it was not meant to be. We lose those who mean the most to us at different points in our life so we may meet others.” He let out a breath.

“Ironically… it is a blessing my sight was taken. It has allowed me to begin to truly see… had it not I do not know if I ever could have truly brought myself to join Winterfell… and then I would not have been able to grow so close to you…” He opened his eyes and gently nosed her again as he breathed in her scent.

“Avalon…” He took a breath.

“Maybe it seems silly… but... I’ve grown so very fond of you as a friend… and more.” The man paused for just a moment.

“We are old, it is no secret to anyone, but we are still here tonight, together, under this sky, at the place where things began to change for you…” Felicien’s expression became a bit more seriousness.

“...and I want this place, under this rock, by the water, to be a place of change for me, too. For us.” He drew back slightly, longing to see her face, but he would not stop. He had come so far… it was all or nothing.

“I can not give you the world, Avalon, but I can give you my heart for all the time we have left. I would like to ask you to be my mate, so that we can truly spend the last of our days together.” His lips lifted in a gentle smile, hoping, praying, that after all both had been through, they could both have a happy ending.

“With all that I am, and all I will be, I love you. Will you be mine?”

""