Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
11-18-2019, 05:10 PM

His reaction, bubbling up from every aspect of his being, was to respond with snark. Why Kai was even here still, he wasn't even himself sure, but he certainly didn't want Acere to think he had him entirely by the balls. "I have," he grumbled back in response. "Coward couldn't even make eye contact with me once I came here." It was hard to come to terms with Ty's shame, if that's what it had been at all... Kai really wasn't sure. But it was obvious he hadn't wanted their relationship to be known and he hadn't had the strength to simply tell Kai to his face that it was over, and he wouldn't deny being angry over it.

"How's it feel buying your nephew's boyfriend for him, anyway, only to have him run away? Do you feel cheated?" That same lazy tone echoed forth, a brow raising as he continued on. Surely Acere would follow, but he didn't really care either way if he did or didn't. His paws dragged carelessly over the earth as he moved, making long patterns in the dusted snow beneath him.

Acere's next words earned a flick of his ears. "I have been doing as I please. I don't need your permission for that," he retorted, a bit more sharply than before. "But a life of debt and obligation isn't all that different than slavery, at least to me." Especially when I never asked for it. It was hard to say this situation was worse than what he'd dealt with in Valkyrie's grasp, but none of it felt right to him and it was hard to say either was objectively better or worse.