An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
11-18-2019, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 04:30 PM by Sota.)
Showing such open support wasn't something Sota was familiar with. The Songa weren't known for withholding their emotions entirely, not really, but lending help to others was something best done in secrecy.. though he supposed this was a private enough affair. He felt a bit of relief as Oxide leaned on him, and though for a moment he felt remarkably small in the larger man's presence, he found the feeling drifting away quickly as he focused on Oxide's emotional state and his grief. "Being strong is a difficult thing. I struggle with it myself." He knew he meant emotional strength rather than physical strength, which he had no doubt Oxide had more than enough of.

Sota was often overcome with his own kind of anxieties and nervousness. He knew he needed to be stronger for those who needed him - he still wished he'd been the one to free Eris, since he still felt a hint of guilty for getting her involved with Valkyrie in the first place - but it was difficult when he often felt as if he fell short of his own expectations. "She doesn't seem the type to show much outward emotion. Perhaps her silence is her way of grieving. But it doesn't have to be yours," he reiterated his belief that Oxide needed to grieve in his own way, even if it didn't align with hers.

"And you don't need to apologize. I owe it to Eris to be here for her - and you, by proxy," he offered gently, letting a small smile touch her lips. Offering his assistance and serving others was what Sota had always done best. Perhaps with his abilities he could pave a way for himself and achieve fame and glory by Songa standards, it was hard to admit to himself such a thing was possible... and truly he found more worth in being a steady companion, which was why he'd gotten himself all the way out here to begin with.  "Just so you know, if someone had told me just a few seasons ago if I'd be doing this, I would've probably fainted from shock. You're the biggest wolf I've ever.. touched," he admitted with that same small smile, wondering if a topic change - even a brief one - might lighten the mood. It was true though, his journey had steered him into entirely unknown territory, and though he knew he had things he had to do he wasn't bothered by the diversion. This was all a great adventure, one he was sure he'd awe his family with.. if he ever made it back home.

Sota has a male bamboo lemur companion named Kaito, he's sometimes nearby but usually only if stated!