Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
12-02-2019, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2019, 12:13 AM by Torin.)

I've learned to slam on the break before I even turn the key,
before I make the mistake,
before I lead with the worst of me.

Torin nodded as Eir said she'd keep an eye out for her missing pack mates. He knew every set of eyes would help and the young woman was a promising member of the pack and despite all the hardships they'd been through having her among their ranks did help to ease his mind... a bit.

Suddenly Eir stopped and Torin slowed as well, swinging his gaze towards whatever it was that had caught hers... and his heart sank. Two big cats prowling close to the border. The larger of the two, the male, was sniffing cautiously at the scent marker while the female kept her gaze locked on the two wolves. She flattened her ears and hissed, the sharp sound scraped across his skull like a knife. The two cats' pelts where spiked in places, clearly they'd made the swim from the mainland recently. Probably also fleeing the harsh conditions left in the volcano's wake. Some part of Torin felt bad for them, but he also knew that such large predators could not be allowed to stay so close to his pack and children, that was asking for disaster.

Torin stepped in beside Eir, keeping his gaze on the two cats, watching carefully for any signs of aggression. He kept his voice low as he spoke. "We'll have to chase them off." He said quietly, his tail starting to flag out behind him, laying even with his spine. "We don't have to fight to the death, just enough to get them to leave. I'll take the male," Torin nodded towards the bigger cat who was now also watching the pair warily. "You go for the other. Try to keep them separated, we don't want either of them to gang up on one of us. On my signal." He watched for a moment longer, allowing his body to slowly drop into a familiar position, his knees bending and toes spreading to grip the earth, while his head dropped to cover his vulnerable throat and ears and lips pulled back. He gave a jerk of his head and then launched himself at the nearest cat.

"Silent treatment" & Deep thoughts

Image by Lynx!
[Image: jBaYOuX.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3