size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantValentines 2020
12-18-2019, 11:41 PM
Aurielle's question was surprising, considering how rarely Artur seemed to spend time in pack lands anyway, and Viviane had the sudden worry that somehow the alpha already knew despite all the convoluted secrecy Artur had put them through. It wasn't as if she didn't have an easy way out here - Artur had said right out that they could pin it on him if they got caught. She didn't have to get in trouble. But as little as she wanted to get in trouble, as little as she wanted to lie, she didn't want to be the one to admit to the whole thing and get her brother or brothers in trouble. She was a terrible liar, though, so instead of denying it she temporized. "He shows up sometimes when we go outside of pack lands. I think he feels like he needs to protect us when we're out in the world. Sometimes he doesn't, though. I don't know where he goes when he isn't here." That was all true. He did have a habit of showing up unexpectedly, and she didn't know what he got up to when he wasn't around.

She did light up when Aurielle mentioned asking the Nomads for help in her training. Unlike some of the older members of the pack, like Aurielle's litter and the Ancoras, she hadn't grown up with stories about the Nomads and their near-mythical reputation as healers, but she could hardly have spent time in Valhalla without having heard of them. "Really?" she breathed in wide-eyed excitement. "I mean, I - I'd really like that. But you needn't go to that much trouble, I know you're very busy with things already," she added with painful politeness, even though it was agony to give Aurielle that optional out.

Her eyes only grew wider when Aurielle went on to talk about ranks. "I would be honored," she managed. Suddenly, the day seemed far less gloomy despite the grey skies and ash. But... would Geoffrey be able to come home to enjoy his new rank and training when the volcano no longer made travel difficult and dangerous? Surely he would come home then.