An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
12-21-2019, 04:33 PM
I'll tough it out, I won't give in

Ashen silhouettes stretched up into the sky, skeletal remnants of the orchard trees that had given this area its name. It was depressing to say the least. Ash still covered the area and it hung in the sky casting a dim and gray light over the land. It was no longer habitable. Álarr swore and turned to Afi who offered a sympathetic glance. The Orchard had been his prime territory for gathering herbs but now it was mostly useless from a healing perspective. He shifted his pack and continued his exploration.

A tremor shook through the ground and he froze, waiting with baited breath until the tremor ceased. Thankfully it had been a small one. He picked up the pace, stopping only when he noticed another wolfen form sitting near a small fire. Álarr did not recognize the man. "Hello?" He called out to alert the other to his presence and started to walk over when Afi caught his attention. The cat gestured sharply to another wolf form not to far off. This form was undoubtedly dead, the earlier tremor having shaken the ash from it.

"That volcano has really left a mess…" He glanced at the other man, suddenly wishing the other wasn't there. The least he could do was get some practice in but he didn't want to be accused of desecrating the dead.