gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
12-30-2019, 09:09 PM
永程
"Surely Sirius explained to you what we do here, and you're aware that even as a healer you will be required to learn to defend yourself?"

Okay, okay. What?

Well... Yong Cheng wanted to say, He dragged me here and I followed because I really like being alive. Usually I just run away.  But of course, he didn't say that, because Sirius was still within view -- and therefore still within earshot. Instead, he tilted his head at the queen and shifted his paws, as if to say "Well, no, but I thought as much."

He was sure that fighting would be a challenge. He was small, like everyone pointed out, but to make matters worse, he was light and flighty, too. He was mostly skin and bone under his thick, fine coat, and he had avoided any sort of sparring if possible.

Bast the cat and Sirius' vulture remained where they were, and now that Sirius was about to leave, Yong Cheng found some of himself returning. He schooled his face into as respectful an expression as he could form; but inside, he wanted nothing more than to be alone. No, he wouldn't try to escape; he had more honour than that. But he didn't need to be threatened every five minutes either.

"My queen," Yong Cheng began, still using the form of address Sirius had, "I turned a year old in Spring. I think."

He paused, fiddling with the earth underfoot.

"I... I can run. I can stay alive. Does that count?"

speech
OOC:
IMAGE BY ANTHONY CANTIN ON UNSPLASH