size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Mammoth HunterPride - BisexualBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019Promptober 2019
01-02-2020, 03:03 PM
It was easy to let dark thoughts overtake one's mind - Corvus knew that much. Unlike Twig he hadn't learned to engage in activities like running to free his mind, but in a way he'd found a coping mechanism of his own. When things got too heavy he always seemed to find himself fleeing to his best friend in the north, though perhaps going so far away from home wasn't always the most practical idea. Surely he needed to find a different outlet. Calling his various scouting trips around Abaven's lands fun... well, he could only convince himself of that for so long, if he was being truthful with himself.

Twig's proximity was comforting, as his heartbeat began to slow back to its normal rhythm. It was nice to have someone he felt he could go to if he wanted some company, besides Theory. After a moment of consideration, he leaned into her, deciding that the faint way she pressed into his back was definitely not unwanted. Feeling the touch of another helped him feel more grounded - sometimes he felt his mind straying and he appreciated any reminder that he needed to live here, in the present, rather than in the past, or worrying about the future. This was what life was all about, wasn't it? These simple moments they could enjoy with one another, all of Abaven, and it made all their struggles somehow feel worth it.

"I miss my siblings," he breathed quietly, before realizing what he was even saying. He didn't want to let his own melancholy feelings drag down their happy little moment, but he did, truly. "I mean - Aiden's back now, but he's different, and I haven't seen my sister since we were kids." Corvus tried to keep his own tone upbeat, not wanting to seem pathetic to Twig. Those dark thoughts seemed to penetrate his mind though, no matter how hard he tried to keep them out of it. "I miss being that little sometimes. Life was all about fun and not having to work hard," Corvus offered with a smile, leaning back into Twig's touch for a moment, savoring the closeness.