size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
01-08-2020, 10:37 AM
She had been partially lost in thought when he reached over to offer a gentle nudge to her cheek. The tiny dame brought her gaze to his. It was a kind gesture. He recognized her pain and could commiserate with her. They had both experience a similar loss. And, because of their chance encounter, they were not alone with that loss. Iolaire offered a sad smile at his gesture before he continued.

"No, the pain never goes away. The loss is always felt. It changes though. I'm no longer brought to my knees by the loss of my brothers. I still feel their absence keenly at times, but it's not as raw as it once was." That didn't mean that she missed them any less. It simply meant that she had learned to cope with their deaths.

"Are you comfortable?" She said suddenly. "Do you need anything?" Roan should be resting as much as possible. The sun had crept upon the furs and they didn't have much shade left. Was he getting overheated? He was her patient, after all. It was her duty to see to his comfort. Perhaps she was changing the subject because yes... the pain never went away.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.