size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterValentines 2020Treat 2019Promptober 2019
01-12-2020, 11:01 AM
Éldi double checked the scent, yes it was fresh. He didn't want to get stuck following an old trail. As he did a voice called out and he looked up to see a dark-pelted woman. He words immediately caught his interest and he nodded swiftly. The gods must've been smiling on him today. "As a matter of fact I would be. My name is Éldi and this is Kaler." He gestured to the bobcat who nodded a polite greeting to the other wolf. "We were hoping to get a hold of one of these mule deer." Prey was still scarce thanks to the volcano and all predators were hungry. Even if Éldi and Kaler managed to bring down a mule deer there was the matter of being able to eat their fill before other predators moved in. To make matters more difficult he was in the business of gathering pelts again and was a difficult task to skin an animal and eat while fighting off scavengers.

At that moment Askr flew down and landed at Éldi's paws. He looked at Justice for a moment with his dark eyes before turning back to the wolf he knew. "Éldi, I spied a small herd of mule deer in the middle of the prairie. There is one male and four females. I didn't notice any distinct injuries though they do seem to have been having a rough time. They're a bit thin." Éldi nodded. That didn't surprise him. It would take seasons for the grasses to return to their original state. Even out this far there had been ash fall. Thankfully the spring melt had washed most of it from the plants in this region but there was still an ashy smell to the soil.