size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterValentines 2020Treat 2019Promptober 2019
01-25-2020, 08:58 PM
Éldi was crouched there thinking when a familiar voice caught his attention. He turned to see Aerndis and nodded at her words. He'd remembered hunting with her and two other wolves earlier as the sought to bring down a musk ox. She wasn't the only one to arrive. She was followed by an unfamiliar man and a woman he knew, Eisleif. He grinned and glanced at the strange man. "I am indeed, the name's Éldi. You're welcome to join us if you like." He turned to Eisleif. "Good to see you Eisleif. This is a good chance to fill our bellies and maybe get a few trinkets along the way. Follow me!"

He slunk forward across the wash to the other side where a field stretched out before them and the herd of caribou were grazing lazily. Above them circled a raven, Askr. The bird dove gracefully among and around the beasts, searching for weakness. He soon flew back to report to Éldi and the gathered wolves.

"The herd seems generally weakened from the harsh winter but there is a male with a limp. He is grazing on the southern side of the herd. See, that one there with the big bunch of fur on his hind end." Éldi followed the birds gaze until he picked out the male. Apparently it had had some difficulty shedding its winter coat as a big clump of fur was still clinging to it.

"Alright excellent. We'll want to get as close as we can. Aerndis and I will try to move so we can cut the bull off from the herd to the north. That will leave about five or six that will need to be dealt with. If you," he looked to Cloudburst, "and Eisleif can separate the male from the others and would it then I will do my best to deliver a killing blow but it will take time so we all need to do our best to pin that thing down. Sound good?"

Well, good or not, it was the only plan he had and so he slunk forward, working carefully and slowly until he was in position. He waited for the others and when it seemed they were in position as well he burst forth as quickly as he could snapping at the caribou, startling them into a frenzy as he tried to separate the main portion of the herd from the stragglers.