gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
02-17-2020, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 12:04 PM by Aslatiel.)
Of all the things in the world,  stars were among the young princesses favorite things. The way that the sky glimmered and swirled at night had utterly captivated the tiny girl. She came to look at the stars every night and was still amazed each time. The undulating galaxies were mesmerizing and she had begun to learn the locations of the biggest and brightest of them.

The night was clear and the temperature was mild. While her family slept,  Aslatiel lay upon her back in a flattened section of the long grass. Her own galaxy-like eyes roamed the heavens. She was in love with the stars.  Did they even know that she existed? If she could learn their names,  perhaps they could learn hers. "Can you hear me,  stars? I'm Aslatiel, but you can call me Asla." Her voice was a soft,  girlish whisper.  The same tone she took every time she spoke to the stars as if speaking any louder might frighten them away.

After looking at the sky for a time, Asla rolled over on her stomach. Before her lay a large, smooth deer skin. Taking up a piece of charred wood, the child drew out the locations of the different stars that she was learning in the night sky. Next to each, she drew a little picture. No one told her whether or not stars had names, so she was naming them herself.
[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]