size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
03-25-2020, 04:12 PM

Odette began speaking of old wolves in the stars and Aslatiel arched one brow, pulling her markings upwards with the action. Wolves in the stars? No. The child knew that the stars were their own entity. Even at such a young age, she had a gut feeling that each star was its own and that putting labels on them in the form of dead wolves was blasphemous and rude. Rather than open that can of worms though,  the girl merely sighed and helped the subject to change, although she did say, "My family won't be among the stars. They're place holders until the stars tell me their true names." About this, she was adamant. Her connection with the stars told her that his had to be true. They listened to her. They watched her every night. They couldn't just be dead guys in the sky.

Mentioning that the earthen fae smelled of chickens seemed to get an interesting reaction. She could feel the woman tense beside her and noted the expression on her face. So Odette was the keeper of the chicken, was she? Did that mean that you had to smell like a chicken? Even though Asla didn't like water, she still kept herself clean so that she didn't smell of dead things.

The word 'pest' piqued the girls interest. "What kind of pests?" Again that left brow arched as she asked her question. "Did you know that I caught a raccoon trying to eat the chickens? I scared the raccoon away and killed the chicken that it hurt. Dad let me eat it." There was more to the story, of course, but Aslatiel didn't think that the other parts were necessary. Her father had said that she'd done nothing wrong, so she didn't feel the need to explain herself.

"Speech"
[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]