Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
04-03-2020, 07:05 PM

Deity found her ears pricking at his response. A traveler, like her? She assumed that was what he meant by “head in all directions.” The thought of having a companion sent a bit of a thrill through her, set something in her stomach aflutter. She opened her mouth to respond, excited, when a deep part of her consciousness, a familiar part, whispered to her.
I need no one.
She needed no one. She couldn’t afford to rely on someone else. But, then again... company would be nice. The more she traveled these lands, she realized, the more she found herself craving companionship. The lonely days became lonelier each time she met someone new.
Weak.
Maybe she was getting soft. But this wolf seemed kind— his smile spread easily over his face and his eyes twinkled with a polite sort of mirth, and a part of her was pulled towards him. She thought he’d make a nice friend.
She would leave it up to Fate, she decided. If he chose to accompany her, she wouldn’t argue, but if a wolf like him refused to head up North, she wouldn’t object.
“Gale Gorge is somewhere North— not too far from here. I met Rose in the swamplands, and she healed my ankle for me. To repay her, I need to gather an herb for her. Wolfsbane,” she said, tilting her head, eyes peering into Koloskivi’s with a quiet perception. “If you do want to come with, I can’t say I would mind the company.”
**OOC
Yes so this thread is months old by now— I lulled but I’m back online!
”Speech”

And so our haloes became collars and golden chains; our proud, shining divinity became the very thing that bound us.