Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
04-08-2020, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2020, 05:51 PM by Mortis.)

Mortis waited there, poised as he had stopped, and holding the stance, as he watched the wolf with worry. There was a long pause, and the wolf's eyes seemed to sweep over him, and Morit wondered if he was being judged, if he would be found wanting. He let out an explosive sigh of relief when the wolf finally spoke, and not only spoke, but gave his name. Dove. The name of a bird. Mortis was in the right place.

“I’m Mortis” he said in introduction, and now that the initial awkwardness was over, he trotted closer. His large, puppy paws almost tripping over the roots, and his wings flared for balance as he got up and close to the wolf. The Buffalo coat, most importantly, stayed steady upon his back. He had to look up to the wolf before him, but not by much. Dove was taller, but Mort still had hope that he had growing left to do. He tilted his body, lowering a wing on one side, and letting the coat fall easily to the floor at Dove’s feet. It was a thick, large buffalo coat with a rich, warm fur intact across it.

“My Da and I went hunting for the buffalo for you. Da said you needed something nice and warm for your new den, and that we were neighbors, and it was the neighborly thing to do.” he said conversationally. A hint of worry creeping into his tone. He really hoped Dove accepted the gift, it was really important that Mort succeeded in the tasks his father set him. “Yah know, it's weird he didn’t chase you off. Most times, he gets them to join, or chases them, why are you different?’” he asked, not displaying any tact, but a lot of curiosity. He was hoping Dove could fill some of the holes in this mystery.

"Speech"