size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Trick 2019
04-09-2020, 03:42 PM
Red blinked, then beamed in surprised pleasure to hear that Aurielle had spoken so highly of him to her apprentice. "I would be more than happy to lend you my knowledge," he told Cairo sincerely. "I have some scraps at my den I can teach you techniques on those so you can get the practice before you try it on your good hide. I'll go get those and my tools and bring them back here. You should learn to make your own tools if you intend to craft more than just your armor, but for now we can just use mine."

It was the work of moments to return to his den and gather up a bundle of scrap hides and his tools, and return to the pleasant shade Cairo had set up at. He set the bundle down and spread the tools out before Cairo - a sharpened flint blade with a wooden and leather grip along the spine, another one of sharpened antler that had the leather pad wrapped around it with a strap to hold a paw around it, a slightly dished rawhide block with a leather strap across the back. He had other tools for more detailed work, but for the initial build these were the most useful. He'd brought deer sinew as well, already soaking in a closed bamboo cylinder of water to soften, and rawhide to cut out any straps.

With the tools, scraps, and other odds and ends spread between them, Red settled down facing Cairo. "What did you have in mind for armor?" he asked, swiping one paw along the ground between them to smooth the bare dirt there in preparation for drawing.