gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Pride - GayBeevent
04-10-2020, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 03:30 PM by Octave.)

Octave couldn't exactly say what it was that made the mangrove's so calming for him, though he had never been there before he had heard tales of them from his father who had grown up among their roots... maybe that was it. He could easily see his father romping in the water and trying to balance on the roots above it, though the face of his uncle was empty in his mind having never met his father's twin.

But more than that it was a decent place to go searching for herbs, the freshwater helped to encourage the plant growth more than in some of the other lands. Noko was perched in her usual spot between his shoulder blades, her forepaws gripping the short fur on his skull and her head resting on them. Night was maybe not always the best time to go looking but it was quieter, calmer and it helped to soothe the man's nerves. There was a faint smell of another man, recent but already starting to fade when he crossed it. Octave made a note to try not to follow it too much and then put it out of his mind. He set to gathering moss and whatever herbs he could find.

It wasn't long before his mouth was full of various common herbs, their pungent smells all he could scent. He was about to start heading home when he spotted a hollow in a tree, wondering if he might be able to find any useful fungi he changed his path and approached the hole. Without stopping to consider what he was doing Octave shoved his head in the hole only to find he was not alone. The herbs had masked the man's scent but there he was! Octave suddenly scrambled back, bumping his, and by extension Noko's head as he did so. Ow! Octave that hurt, a lot." The lemur chided rubbing her head with her hands. Octave had fallen back onto his haunches, his heart racing in his chest. He stayed like that, seemingly frozen, staring wide-eyed at the hollow.

Octave & Noko

[Image: dPPg3BE.png]
Octave mostly speaks through his Red bellied Lemur companion Noko, assume she's with him unless explicitly stated otherwise
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3