Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - AsexualDouble Master
Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
04-10-2020, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 03:32 PM by Lúta.)
I wanted to seek, but I got distracted

Eyes scouring the water as she walked Lúta moved slowly and carefully over the uneven terrain of the mangrove. The massive tangles of roots meant one had to watch their step or else face plant into muck or water. She didn't need a face full of gunk that was for sure. Watching for herbs while watching her step was taking more concentration that Lúta thought it would.

She stopped suddenly as she spied the heart-shaped leaflets that denoted Watercress. Or at least she hope it did. It could be hard to tell Watercress apart from Marshwort and she needed to be certain she had the right plant. It was even harder in the night but she trusted her nose more than her eyes in this case. If it had a pungent, foul smell it was Marshwort.

She was just leaning in when she heard the sound of movement and shuffling. She immediately ducked down, praying it wasn't another bear but as she looked over she spied the white wolf and immediately felt relieved, but only for a second. He was staring at something in the hollow of the tree. Surely a bear couldn't fit in there. Was it a coyote or something? She said nothing, not wanting to distract the man in case he was attacked the moment he was distracted. Instead she crouched in the shadows of the night, letting most of her coat blend into it.