Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
04-11-2020, 11:12 PM

His head nodded at the woman's words. "I'd heard something about the eruption a few days ago, but I'm unfamiliar with Auster and Boreas" he responded quietly, padding to where she'd moved and being sure to avoid anything noisy that would give him away to the dinner he'd tracked. He did what he could to keep the distance between them, as his eyes landed on the hare, hidden underneath trees and burnt foliage. Rather than responding to Proserpina, he silently canted his head to the side and purposefully stepped on a twig; the hare, as expected, jolted forward a few steps before freezing altogether. He hunched low in the ground, angling himself so that he could move through the scorched debris, and waited until the smaller creature was no longer paying attention to him. It stretched out, to sniff the area in front out it, and Dove lunged forward, shoving his bulky shoulders through the singed trees and snapping his jaws shut over the hare's neck. The crunch went straight to his gut, but the hare's death was quick.

The trees stood, though they didn't seem as though they had much sustenance to them, and Dove glanced back at where the ruff bark pressed against either side of his ribs. He grimaced, and after wiggling a bit, was unsuccessful at releasing himself. He exhaled sharply, thinning his abdomen for a moment, and braced a hindpaw on the tree to his right, pushing with some strength, until he slid free and landed on his ass. Dove blinked at the soot and mistreated bark that fell away with him and noted, with some disdain, that he was missing small patches of fur and that his ribs were somewhat sore. He was still in one piece, though.

He looked to Proserpina and flattened his ears in embarrassment before standing, shaking his fur lightly, and dropping the rabbit on the ground where he stood. "Thank you," he said, after clearing his throat. "Would you care to share a late lunch with me?"

"Speech"