Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
04-13-2020, 04:43 AM
His existence in Somnium was not without regret.

Ganta was dead, had “moved on” so to speak… but he was not at peace.

So often his wanderings in this eternity were plagued with thoughts of the costly mistake he had made. He should have just walked away from Dragoste… he had bought them time, yes… but pride had risen. He challenged Amon to the death and then, right when it mattered most, he froze up. He lost his life as a result and it wasn’t just his own life that was affected either. He had crippled the lives of his beloved Roza, his children… Hell in the end even a member of his pack had still been taken.

What had his death been for?

Nothing.

The reality of it all hit Ganta hard.

The male had tried to reach out to Philomena more than once when she came to visit his grave… but the last time had shaken him badly. The volcanic eruption, the fire within the woods his daughter had to flee from while pregnant… it was enough to churn his stomach. Not to mention the fact Philly blamed the Abraxas for his death.

While it was true that Amon took his life, and that the man did not need to do so to prove a point…

Ganta had more or less asked for it.

Stupid, stupid pride.

Ganta cursed that family trait with all he had. If it wasn’t for that then he’d still be with his family now rather than only able to catch glimpses of them. With them so far from the woods too it was harder to reach out. He’d been trying, Gods he had been trying! He just couldn’t reach any of them….

...but the connection seemed to feel stronger when Roza, Ulric, and his granddaughter had reunited with Philomena.

His heart ached for his beloved… and so, when they laid to rest, Ganta waited. He watched Roza stir restlessly and his heart ached for her. Minutes passed… hours… it felt like an eternity to him. Ganta whined softly, pacing at the edge of the realm where he could call to her.

“Roza… please just sleep…” The man whimpered.

At last she slipped off, and Ganta beckoned to her.

“Roza? Roza…”

He waited a bit and then called again.

“Roza…”

He didn’t care how long it took. He’d call until his voice failed him.

“Roza…!”

Then she was there. It took a moment for her form to materialize, a sort of incorporeal form that ghosts held… but she was there. Only she wouldn’t stay…

Ganta felt tears prick his eyes. He practically leapt towards her form. He wrapped his neck around her own and let out a broken sob.

“I’m so sorry…”

I'm here without you...